My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Knitting Olympics


I have officially signed up for the Yarn Harlot's 2006 Winter Knitting Olympics.
I will be competing on the sweater team. The Knitting Olympics are fairly simple, but sound kind of strange. Essentially each knitting participant picks a project, or group of projects to start and complete during the 2006 Olympic games. They can not cast on (or start) before the flame is lit, and must complete their project before the flame goes out. That's just 16 days.

My project:
I will be attempting to complete a Rogue sweater for my husband.
My equipment:
  • Circular needles, cable needle, yarn needles, etc.
  • 10 balls (more than enough) Plymouth Encore Worsted Weight Yarn in Dark Blue and Black.
My preparation:
I have completed the sleeve cable pattern 4 times over in my Rogue inspired hat. My yarn has been shipped, and should arrive today or tomorrow. When it arrives I will swatch and make sure I have the appropriate sized needles to be successful.

The only other full sized adult sweater that I have ever completed took me well over a year. Wish me luck with this! It will definitely be a challenge, but will feel incredibly good to have completed such a challenging project in just over 2 weeks!

5 Comments:

Blogger Keko said...

I wish you the best of luck!

I really LOVE the way that sweater looks. Would you be willing ti knit me one the same color as the pic? I'd pay you for your time and the materials. I wear a XXL.

Thanks!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'll be cheering you on!

3:51 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! And also good luck with the Rouge. I am thinking about making an Eris or maybe a Samus or maybe a Rouge some day, too.

8:02 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

NOW THAT is an ambitious project! I'm cheerleading this time around... SO GO DAWN GO - 2 4 6 8 ....! etc =)

10:29 AM  
Blogger eve knits said...

Good luck Dawn!! I think I'm sitting this one out but i will be cheering you on!!

Eve

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home