My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, February 27, 2006

Ramblings

Happy Monday Morning everyone!

I know, I can hear your grumbling out there. Why does it have to be Monday, why can't it still be the weekend, etc. The sad thing is that I LOVE Mondays. I feel like I've gotten a whole new chance to do all those things that somehow didn't get done last week, although, I kept meaning to do them. "I really should call and make that doctor's apointment for my Daughter. She turned 2 over a month ago..." etc. I keep meaning to do it every day, but somehow keep forgetting. Then it's the weekend and the office is closed, and I say "Well, I can't do it until Monday now". It's Monday! This is the day when I have great aspirations for getting all of those things done. This week may be just like last week, where I kept procrastinating until it was Friday and I couldn't do it again until Monday, but I can dream on Mondays.

There is no particular purpose to the daisy on today's post, other than I don't like to post without a picture, and daisies make me happy. Don't they make you happy? Yellow in general makes me happy. It makes me think of sunshine and warm breezes. I know that in art school (which I never attended) they discuss the emotions that colors can create. Yellow is simply a happy color..... Unless it is neon yellow, but we won't go there. Besides, this is an actual flower from one of the bouquets my husband brought home for me. That means it's all the more special :D

My sister in law called me last night to check on how I'm doing and find out when exactly the baby is due (March 9th 1 1/2 weeks and counting!). I was so surprised and thrilled to hear from her. My husband and I tend to be hermitish. We go out, do the things that need to be done, and come home again not to emerge until the next time we need to do something. I have tried to squash this tendency by joining lots of yahoo groups where I get to talk to real people, but it isn't quite the same as being there face to face with them. My two great efforts to join the real world are: Visiting my 70 year old grandparents every Monday morning (another reason to love Mondays) and to go to the newly established knitting night on Thursdays for my church. With all this talking in cyber space, I should really make more of an effort to write to my sister in law, whom I really do love, and to my sister. It would be nice connect with people that I really know. Not that I don't love all the women on my yahoo groups, but I only know you vicariously through what you write, not really in person. On that same tangent, I should really write a letter to my brother. I know, that sounds strange. Who writes to their brother? Aunt, Grandma, sister in law maybe, but not to your brother. The last letter that I actually physically wrote was to a dear friend while he was on his mission. I must say, I wasn't very good at writing to him either. This whole blogging/email/cyber space thing is so much easier. Aside from the fact that I type MUCH faster than I can write, sitting down to the computer and then just pushing "send" seems so much easier than a paper letter. Alas, though, my brother does not have access to email, and I can't visit him in person, so I must physically write him a letter so that he knows the world has not forgotten about him and he is still loved.

The sun is not shining here in Denver yet, but I have a pretty sunny yellow daisy to look at. My sink is shining, everyone in the house is dressed, my obligatory one load of laundry is in the dryer, and we still have an hour and a half before we need to leave the house to take DH to work. Life is good! Now I am going to knit on the socks I started last night while I wait for the laundry to finish drying. Aren't Mondays wonderful?

1 Comments:

Blogger Keko said...

I agree with you completely on the whole letter writing thing. I was never able to start writing until I got on a computer. I can't write as fast as I think and my hand cramps up before I've written more than a half a page.

One trick that helps me a lot is write letters on a writing program, print it out, sign it, and mail it. I explain in the first letter why the letters will be printed out instead of written by hand. It helps if they have already seen how bad my handwriting is...

They appreciate getting a completely legible three page letter much more than a barely legible one page letter.

At least I would...

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home