My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

New arrival!


Brendan Elijah Prickett
9lbs 13 oz
22 inches
Born: 3-10-06 @ 10:10am

The newest member of the Prickett family has officially arrived! I was induced on my due date Thursday 3/9. Brendan was born on Friday morning. He is my 3rd child, and apparently despite the fact that I'm built rather small, they just keep getting bigger. Just imagine what he would have been if I hadn't been induced!

Warning, if you don't want to hear all the details of the birth, stop here! I am not shy after 3 kids.

I'm a firm believer in Epi Dural's. I figure if I don't have to suffer the pain, then I'm not going to choose to. For some reason the medicine didn't affect a small 2 inch section on my right side this time around, and it needed to be readjusted after about 30 minutes to get me completely pain free. When I was pain free, I dozed happily and waited for things to happen. The nurses checked on me and started panicking. "There's a head! We need a doctor!" My doctor was at his office taking care of other patients, and apparently thought it would take me more than an hour from when he broke my water for things to happen. I guess he was wrong. He arrived in time to weigh the baby and check him over. That's the wonderful thing about Family Practice. Just 1 doctor for everyone :D The nurse technically delivered the baby, but I don't think there was really any "delivering" involved. He literally delivered himself. Despite the nurses frantically telling me not to push and me (being completely pain free) trying not to laugh at the situation, Brendan decided he was finally ready to enter the world. They told me to push once, and I just leaned forward and there he was. I don't think that pushing was even necessary. I'm sorry if that was a little graphic for you all, but I find it incredibly funny. I suppose you had to be there.

We are all finally home this evening and he is quietly snoozing away in his bassinet. Let's all hope I get SOME sleep tonight :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations! :-)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Nature Detective said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful boy.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home