My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's going to be one of those days

*Sigh* it's going to be one of those days. I just know it. It was probably a good hint when Alex decided he was awake for the day at 5:30am.... just after I had fed the baby and snuggled back down in my covers. I suppose it's all our fault anyway, since we were the ones who gave him the choice of eating his dinner (which wasn't yucky, I promise) or going to bed. He chose going to bed... at 6pm, and he fell asleep! Of course, Alex and Shaya share a room, so when Alex got up, he got his 2 yr old sister up too. After all, what's the point of being up if you don't have anyone to play with? So, I'm grumpy, Shaya is grumpy, and Alex is wired. What a nice threesome we make. Poor Brendan has a slightly stuffy nose, and my heart stops every time he tries to breath up a booger. "Will he start breathing again? Some babies die from SIDS because their bodies don't know how to start breathing again..." I'm a neurotic mom, I know. To add insult to injury, trying to breath up a booger as a 3 week old baby tends to make one wake up with a pitiful cry because said booger is blocking the itty bitty air ways, and then mommy has to get out the saline and the nose sucker. I have yet to meet a baby who enjoyed having their nose sucked. Most of them scream at the injustice of the whole process. I'm sorry to anyone who is offended by the term "Booger" but I'm not sure if there is a more PC term... Snot? Goober (well, that's just booger spelled differently)?

Potty training has officially begun in our household. We are VERY relaxed about this process, but Shaya is interested, so we encourage that. She has gone potty 2 times this morning, all of her own free will. Someone else has had to go, and she decided she wanted to also. Well, I did ask her if she wanted to first thing this morning, but that's beside the point. I'm generally of the opinion when it comes to potty training, that there's no point in even trying it until the kid in question understands that they need to go. Otherwise, you're only training yourself to watch them closely for signs, or training yourself to take them every 30 minutes or so. I'm WAY too lazy to take my child to the potty every 30 minutes. If she needs to go, she can go, or tell me, and I'll be happy to sit on the bucket next to her and say "OH, GOOD JOB SHAYA!" I'll ask her if she needs to go when she wakes up in the morning, and after her nap, as well as before nap and before bed, but that's about the extent of my scheduled potty stops. I suppose this Laze Fair philosophy is the reason why my 4 1/2 yr old still wears pull ups at night.

Wow, well, it's Saturday morning and you all have gotten to read about boogers and potty training... if you didn't know I was a stay at home mom, you probably do now...lol Let's move into the realm of adult topics now... My new house! Well, it's not mine yet, and it's not even built, or really picked out, but it's coming along. We are preaproved for a construction loan for more than we intend to spend, and our building company is referring a general contractor for us. We should be speaking with him in the next couple of days. The building company is also going to look and see if there are any investors interested in buying our condo in a quick sale so that our selling/building project goes smoothly. Once our contractor gives us some firm bids on our ground work, we can decide finally on a floor plan, and a home to build! At the moment, this is the home that I am leaning towards (click on image to enlarge):

It's amazing. I turned on cartoons, and sat down to write on my blog and I am feeling better now. I think I'm going to go take a shower. That'll make me feel even better :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

OK, I don't know how I ended up on your blog, but I had a great time! I was a SAHM for four boys and I was also a 'slacker mom' in the best sense. They were all house-broken before they started school and have since grown up to be great adults and now I have two grandkidlets that I am allowed to babysit a lot! Yeah for me! Good Luck on your new house and enjoy those little buggers while you got 'em.
Cathy in MN

7:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sick babies are no fun -- I've got two of my own right now, and you can't even distract the tiny ones with cartoons. :-(

I love the layout of the house -- we looked at something similar a few years ago and my favorite part was how you could see into the family room from the kitchen.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

LOL Michelle that's EXACTLY why I like it! I can stand in the kitchen and see all of the living areas of the house!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home