My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Mother's Day Scarves Complete!

Here they are! Four Beautiful different lacy scarves for the mother's in my life. My Mom, Grandma, Mother in Law, and Step Mother in Law. I had intended to make them all the pink Branching Out scarf, but as you can see, that didn't end up happening. Here's the run down on them in the order that I completed them:

Mother's Day Scarf #1
Pattern: Branching Out
Yarn: Recycled Silk/Angora from a ladies Cardigan
Needles: 6.0 Bamboo Straights















Mother's Day Scarf #2
Pattern: Drooping Elm lace (Thank you to all you knitlisters who helped me fix the pattern in my stitchery book!)
Yarn: Recycled 100% Merino Wool from men's sweater
Needles: 6.0mm Bamboo Straights














Mother's Day Scarf #3
Pattern: Adapted by Christine from this
Yarn: Knitpicks "Memories" Sock yarn in "Youkan"
Needles: 6.0mm Bamboo Straights















Mother's Day Scarf #4
Pattern: Miniturized Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn: 1 skein Knitpicks "Memories" Sock yarn in "Rocky Mountain Dusk"
Needles: 4.5mm Bamboo Straights












Blocking truely is your friend with Clapotis. It likes to curl around it's self, which gives an interesting effect, but not the one I wanted. I steam blocked it with my iron and DH was amazed that it was the same scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

You did a beautiful job with the scarves! I never even thought of using the Knit Picks Memories for a scarf. Brilliant! I'm now looking at my stash of KP yarn through new eyes.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home