My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Estes Park Wool Festival

A very good friend of mine had a baby shower on Sunday, which was Father's Day. I knew we'd be over there for most of the afternoon so I had planned to make Saturday an early Father's Day. I asked DH what he would like to do and he said that he'd like me to get a sitter and then we'd go to a movie for a date. Sounds great, but that means I would miss the sheep and wool festival in Estes Park. Oh well, the things we do for our dear husbands.

As it turns out, though, we dropped the 2 older kids off at my grandparents and kept the baby. Instead of going to a movie, however, DH turned the car towards Estes park. "I thought I might enjoy some nature" he said with a big grin. What a wonderful husband I have!

Of course, money is limited and I didn't actually get to buy any yarn. I was VERY tempted by a batch of roving with pretty sparklies in it, but DH insisted that I needed to learn how to spin what I had already before I got roving with sparklies in it. *sigh* I did get to pet lots of yarn, though, and talk to some nice people. We saw some sheep, sheep dogs, alpaca, and llama. It was a lot of fun. We were only there for about an hour and a half or so because DH didn't get home from work until 1pm with the car, but that was about the right amount of time.

DH prefers llama he says. He likes their banana shaped ears (he says they look like demon ears) and their more defined faces. I think alpaca are sooo cute and SOOO soft, but he thinks they just have a neck with a nose stuck on the end. "Where's their face?" he asked. I once had dreams of buying a couple of aplaca to spin my own yarn, but I caught a glimpse of a price list for some full grown alpaca and that dashed my dreams. $10,000 is a little out of the budget... maybe we'll get some goats, or angora bunnies instead...lol









So, after all that walking around and fiber petting, this is all I walked away with:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home