My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, June 26, 2006

Knitting jewelry!!

DH thinks I've finally fallen off the deep end. I think he might be right.

Me: "I need to go to the store and buy beads, do we need anything else from Michaels?"
DH: "Beads?"
Me: "Yes Beads"
DH: "Why do you need beads? First you did scrapbooking, and then quilting, now all that stuff is sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust. You can't switch to beading, you have too much knitting stuff!"
Me: "I'm not switching to beading.... My knitting needs jewelry"
DH: "Your knitting needs jewelry?!"
Me: "Yes. It wants some pretty stitch markers instead of the little pintail holders I've been using. So, do we need anything else at Michaels?"
DH: "?!"

So, I bought a plier set and enough beads for 4 sets of stitch markers. Here they are :DWe have itty bitty hook type stitch markers with real fresh water pearls
We have more itty bitty hook stitch markers, because I like small needles
We have some medium sized loop stitch markers shown here on a size 9 needle
And finally we have some "Big Girl" loop stitch markers. Shown here on a size 15 needle.
These are DH's favorite. Glad to know that even though I'm off my rocker, he at least approves fo my work.

I've thought about making a "Knitter's gift pack" of stitch markers. It would include a beaded row counter, a set of hook stitch markers and a set of loop markers. What do you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

They're gorgeous!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home