My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's a circle!

Look, it's a BIG circle! Imagine that.

The Pinwheel sweater is now ready for some sleeves. I tried it on Alex today and it is a little big. I wanted it a bit big, though, so that it will fit the birthday girl for a few years to come. Now for the pain in the butt part. Would you like to see a close up?

There you go. That pretty, ruffely, loopy, cute edging is pure crap. It literally took me 3 HOURS to put that on. 3 HOURS!! It is essentially the bind off. You work 6 rows of 3 stitch I-cord, knit those 3 stitches together with the next 3 stitches, creating a loop, and do it all again. Next time I'm grabbing me a crochet hook. I can make loops MUCH faster with that thank you very much. It is very cute, but I don't really think it's worth 3 hours. Just my 2 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home