My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pinwheel

"Pinwheel
Pinwheel
spinning around
Look at my pinwheel
And see what I found..."
My acrylic aversion does not apply to Caron's Simply soft. I really love this stuff. It is shiny, soft, and has a little give to it so that it doesn't hurt my hands while I knit. I pulled out my stash of it the other day and started a new project. The Pinwheel Sweater. I'm just starting the 5th color of 7. I have already made the holes for the sleeves, which I'll do when I'm done with the pinwheel part. I'm not quite sure why the pattern wanted me to join like 4 different balls of yarn on the round when you do this. I just kept the same yarn all the way around and kept going. I knit up to the point where the sleeve should be, slipped the stitches onto waste yarn. Made a little crochet chain and just used the same yarn to knit into the chain and kept going. We'll see if I've messed myself up when I go to do the sleeves, but I see no reason why I can't join a new ball of yarn at that point and pick up the stitches and knit just like every other seamless sleeve I've ever done.

I have modified the children's version slightly. The pattern says it should fit a baby 6-9 months up to age 3-4. I want this to fit a 5 yr old and then continue to fit for a while in the future. The small pattern calls for color repeats of 10 rows. The adult version says 30 rows. I picked a number right in the middle. My color sections are 14 rows each. Let's hope this all works out right!

From the Spinning Wheel:
My first plied skeins
My very first Alpaca!
The small bag is the rest of the prime blanket from Bianca. The large white bag is a 1/4 lb of her seconds (neck fibers). The Brown bag is 1/4 lb of fawn colored seconds. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the Alpaca it came from. I spun up part of Bianca's prime blanket last night, and all of the prime blanket roving I had from Godiva. It is the deep chocolate brown yarn on the bobbin. I don't have a lot of it, and I'm thinking of plying it with some silk from my recycled yarn stash. Or maybe I'll just get some more :D
This all came from Blue Note Alpacas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home