My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Interior Pictures


As promised I have interior pictures of my house. I have only really included pictures of the kitchen and the bathrooms, because the bedrooms and the living room and family room really aren't all that exciting at the moment.

As you remember, this is my floor plan.


This is what you see when you walk in the front door. Please ignore the plastic strips hanging from the ceiling. Obviously the house is not completely put together along the seam line yet.


This is the kitchen. We picked laminate counter tops that I thought looked like granite. I really liked it, but I was afraid that it might be too dark. My fears were in vain, because I love it. The counter tops have matching ceramic tiles along the edges.


Turn just slightly in the kitchen doorway and you can see our family room. I think this will be an awesome place to be our play room. I can keep an eye on the kids and not have to have any toys in the front room.


There is this really pretty hutch built into the corner of the room that I really like. I've always wanted a china hutch. Now I suppose I should get some china.


This is the kitchen from the family room. There is a little bar top on the island as well as in the family room. I like this feature. This means that I can actually restrict all drinks and food to the kitchen and have plenty of room for munchkins to sit when they come to visit.


This is the kids bathroom just off of the family room. It is situated between their 2 bedrooms. It's going to be so nice to have 2 bathrooms!











This is the view of the living room from the kitchen. I love the curtains that came with the house. I'm amazed that it came with window treatments. I will probably be leaving the red ones here in my current house.


This is our master bath. It also has a stand up shower around the corner. Now I really can hide myself away in the bathroom for an hour and not be disturbed. Since we only have 1 bathroom right now, I can put the child lock on when I take a bath, but I have to leave the door unlocked just in case there's an emergency need to use the toilet. Ahh the things I won't have to deal with in a month!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Oh Dawn - its gorgeous! I'm enjoying sharing in your construction. Thanks you!
Tracie in MN

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home