My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2007

5pm

I don't know what it is about 5pm, but that seems to be my limit. At 4pm I'm still chipper and flowing along, but for some reason 5pm is it. I start to get a little depressed, and the kids begin to drive me nuts. Well, they've been anoying me for a while, but it all just seems worse after 5pm. At 5pm I need to start thinking about dinner. Brendan and Shaya are definitely up from their naps, and Alex is home from school and has exausted his hour of video game time. By 5pm all I want to do is hide away in my corner and knit..... or read.... or something that does not involve children. This seems a little strange to me after I have had at least 2 hours in the afternoon by myself. True, I usually spend this time working and maybe I resent the fact that my absolute free time has to be spent working.

It didn't used to be this bad, but DH no longer gets home by 2pm. It makes a huge difference when you know that shortly after noon you will no longer be alone. My uncle lives next door and has come over in the evenings quite a bit lately, which is nice, because this seems to fall right about 5pm. It really is a sanity saver.

On the bright side, today, I did get a good hour to knit uninterupted. I started my 3rd Rogue sweater. Yes, you heard that right. My third. I knit the first one for DH for my knitting Olympics project. I knit the second for my Mom about Christmas time (which I never got a picture of and which she managed to felt slightly the first wash out). This third one is finally for me. All me. I am making a cardigan version. I'm not really much of a pullover jacket kind of girl, but I would love a hooded cabled jacket. I have over 1500 yrds of beautiful green recycled wool. It has taken me over 6 months to find a wool sweater large enough for this project. Especially one that I liked the color and was soft enough. I love this color. It is stunning. The stitch definition is fabulous. The sweater is going to be perfect. I think the price is going to help make up for the $90 I spent on yarn for the Nantucket jacket. At $1 for one sweater and $90 for the other I think they even out. I laugh, though, because I know the zipper is going to cost more than the yarn for this sweater.

I started it on Tuesday evening and I just joined the pockets, which means that I'm most of the way up to the armpits. This pattern gets faster each time I knit it. I wonder who I'm going to knit the next one for. I think I'm in love.

I have already abandoned the pretty Cookie A. sock. I finished the first sock in a little over 24 hours, but the swoosh doesn't go all the way across the toe and it doesn't look right. I need to wrap my head around the math and try to figure out if I did something wrong, or if Cookie wrote the pattern so that only the largest, or smallest sPublishize swooshes right. If it's the latter, that means I need to do some recalculating. My brain just hasn't been up to that, so it just sits and languishes in it's zip lock bag.

And now it's almost 6pm and I need to cook some hamburger or dinner won't be on the table in time. Just 30 more minutes until DH gets home :D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home