My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Entrelac Socks


Well, it took me a month and a half (mostly because I neglected them) the Entrelac socks are done. These are normal sized versions of the ones in the latest Interweave Knits. I'm pretty proud that I took this picture of myself using the timer on my new camera :D

Last year, my mom placed an order to Knitpicks and bought about 7 balls of sock yarn (as well as the yarn for her Rogue sweater, which I never did take a picture of). All in different colors, since I can make a pair of ankle socks from a single skein if i keep it simple. I have to admit that after knitting her 4 pairs of said ankle socks, I was getting a little sick of plain Jane socks. Since I didn't have enough of any one color for longer socks or intricate patterns, I thought the entrelac socks were perfect! I could use 2 different colors and get a full sized pair of socks.

These were a lot of fun to knit, but I think they took quite a bit longer than normal socks, what with the knitting and purling backwards and all. Now that they're off my needles, though, I have given myself permission to start a normal sized version of these. Isn't that toe fantastic?! I haven't been that fond of Cookie's patterns in Knitty (the disembodied leg unnerves me), but I Adore her knee sock sized socks. I already bought the German stocking pattern and am still eyeing Rhiannon.

2 Comments:

Blogger YarnThing said...

LOVE the socks!!!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com

12:21 AM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Great Socks!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home