My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, October 08, 2007

We're expecting TWINS!

I had my ultrasound today for the new pregnancy. I have been pretty complacent with this one. After all, after having 3 children, I should know what's going on, right?

Well, as the technician was measuring all of the body parts she moved over just slightly and went down along the spine. "See, here's a head" she said. I looked at the picture and said "But wasn't the baby's head up there?" I said pointing in the direction that she had just come down the spine. Sure enough, there were 2 heads there. And 2 spines, and 2 hearts, and 4 feet.... I can't believe it.

It's one of those fleeting thoughts that cross your mind as you go in. "I wonder if it's twins" but you never actually expect it to be!

I was feeling totally prepared before. I had done this 3 times before. I know how to handle a new baby, but I'm not sure how to handle 2 new babies... How exactly does one breastfeed 2 babies?

Both babies seem quite proud to be boys, since they flashed us a number of times and made it QUITE obvious that they are boys. This will bring our family from 3 kids to 5, with 4 boys and one girl. Poor Shaya is destined to be the only girl it appears.

I suppose on the bright side, DH really thought this should be the last one, but I had reservations. I felt that I might want 1 more and wasn't ready to take perminent action yet. I guess that the Lord can find compromise anywhere. We will end up with 5 kids and I won't have to worry about morning sickness again.. yea!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger YarnThing said...

Bless our heart! What an amazing gift...you will defiantly have you hands full girlfriend!

Congrats on the new editions to your family!

Marly aka Yarn Thing

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home