My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, January 26, 2009

That man's a keeper

I will admit that I was in a bit of a funk yesterday. It seems that I get that way on Sundays. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I take the day off and supposedly relax or what. Unfortunately, there is never a day off from being a mom and everyone is home on Sundays. Combine that with the fact that I was dehydrated and I was definitely in a funk. I just wanted to sit under a blanket and snuggle, or knit, or something. Babies tend not to be cooperative with this kind of plan, though. They want to be held, or to be played with, or generally wreak havoc on the world if you're not paying attention. The funk continued until DH floored me with a single request.

"Would you teach me to knit?"

What? What was that? The man who has admired my knitting, but generally shown absolutely no interest in anything yarn related wants to learn to knit?!

"You like it so much that I think I should try it. Plus I love you and I should know more about the things you like"

Well, I can't think of a thing sexier than that. Not only does the man want to learn to knit, but he wants to learn so he can be closer to me. That man's a keeper. Forget the fact that he supports our family, or that he has worked 2 jobs, or that he tells me constantly that he adores me. That statement right there speaks love on a whole new level.

I spent the evening happily snuggled up next to him while he knit away with a pair of size 8 bamboo double pointed needles with rubber bands on the ends and a skein of Shetland Chunky.
Wouldn't you know, but DH is GOOD! Check out that swatch. That was his very first knitting ever. He even did the long tail cast on.

I'm so proud!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Druciana said...

You guys are so cute together!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home